Flour tortillas stuffed with cheesy chicken, and topped with a creamy cheese sauce. This recipe is easy to make, and perfect for a date-night-in!
Prep Time: 10-30 minutes (starting with cooked chicken vs raw chicken)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 10 Soft flour tortillas (taco sized)
- 5 Oz Cream cheese
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2.5 Cups Shredded monterey jack cheese or mexican blend
- Salsa (optional, for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and Grease a large casserole pan (9x13).
- Add the cooked chicken to a bowl and shred or finely chop. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese in a bowl, and mix well.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir the flour in, and add taco seasoning. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream, but do not allow the mixture to come to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Fill each tortilla shell with the chicken and cheese mixture, roll it up, and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the liquid cheese mixture over the top of the enchiladas, and sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes, and then broil for 3 mins to brown the cheese.
Leftover Storage: Wrap in an air-tight container and store in the fridge. It should last 3-4 days.